Sunday, July 25, 2010

Week 6 - Results

I decided to throw this in and move forward with my planned challenges starting next week. Why? Because as I mentioned last week with Action you may or may not be getting results at this point. If you are then congratulations! Hopefully you are beginning to experience all of the benefits from your success.

The way we measure success is from results. You set out a course, follow it, and you get results. Sometimes the results are what you had hoped for and sometimes not. The unexpected results can be better then you imagined, or can fall short. My greatest desire is for you to get good, no great, results. When you do you will feel more confident and happier. Happiness and joy allow you to have a sense of well being which helps to keep you healthy. Only things that are in a state of imbalance are turbulent and destructive. We are creators.

THE CHALLENGE
Create a list of your results since you have started. Don't think any successes are too small. Any little thing that has come about from your work deserves credit including still reading this blog. My brother Dan is around Day 30 of quitting smoking. Talk about a success story!

WHAT I'M WORKING ON
I was in FL for 12 days to get the condo on the market. My list of tasks was long and some how I managed to stay with it. As I mentioned last week I also had the help of family and contractors and cannot thank them enough. We have a great Realtor and are getting a good response. Hopefully my hard work will pay off. Having a goal to sell a condo in FL in a down market can feel like a long-shot but that just made me work harder at making sure the place would sparkle. And we did some staging. No wires anywhere, the dining room table is set with pretty new dishes and napkins, silk flowers, etc. Now we wait...

I also heard from my Publisher. Surprisingly they did not ask me to change my title of Yen Path but did ask me to change the subtitle which will now be Taking Steps Towards What You Want In Life. They wanted it to be more descriptive. I'm okay with that.

My third goal of staying grounded and rested has been the biggest challenge but yesterday was very relaxing. Today will be too and tomorrow is my 50th birthday which I am actually looking forward to. I almost feel like my husband and I are moving into the phase of our lives that we were meant for. :)

Okay that's it for now so create your list and share your results with us. I'd love to hear from you.

All the best and Live Well!

1 comment:

  1. There are some "results" piling up. Every day I find something to add to the growing garage sale pile. In October Warrensburg is having a town wide garage sale, it's listed as the biggest one in US. I went last year, took an hour to get off the Northway exit to get to the house where I was to help out.
    Anyway my action item was to find one thing a day to get rid of. So the pile should be a good size by October 1.
    Also, I don't seem to head to the mall at the first signs of boredom. In the past that would seem to help relieve those old symptoms of boredom.
    I have not been successful in driving my car less. That may take awhile, but at least I am more conscious of that desire.
    Namaste

    ReplyDelete