Saturday, June 19, 2010

Week One Challenge

Hello and welcome.

Overview:
Our start date is just two days away so I doing the posting now. As I mentioned each week I will share an idea, or objective you can work on with me. We will call it our challenge because I don't know about you but I'm always up for a fun, new challenge. I don't think of a challenge as hard; just exciting. It helps me to show up and step up.

Over the next 52 weeks we must each follow our own path but I hope you will find that having like-minded individuals working together towards their success and wellness with you will make a profound difference. The journey is meant to be fun and uplifting. You are invited to share this challenge with people you think may be interested. Please make sure to sign up today so you can post your results. Sharing your successes and failures allows you help others. And the act of writing helps you to gain insight.

Each week I will post a challenge we can all work on. If there is something you would prefer to do it then again just share your ideas and outcomes. I would love to hear from you.

Week One Challenge:
Write down your goal(s) that you want to accomplish by next year at this time. Just by writing your goal down increases the likelihood that you will succeed. Recently I was cleaning out some folders and found a list I made years ago; long before I even knew anything about life coaching. Can you believe everything on that list I not only accomplished but exceeded? There were things on the list I didn't even remember wanting that long ago. I wanted a home on a lake or a beach -- got it. I wanted to earn a certain amount of money -- almost doubled it. Go ahead and write down your goals. That may seem like a simple challenge for the week and that's good. Baby steps will get us there. In future weeks we will talk about good goal wording, vision statements and so on; so you may rewrite your goals later which is fine.

What I'm working on:
I have three goals for this year. The first is that my husband and I want to sell both of our condos and move into our new dream home. The second is to complete the editing for the Yen Path: Awaken Your Heart's Desire manuscript (which is complete) and move into the publishing/promotion phase. As I thought about my goals this morning on the elliptical at the gym I realized both will take a lot of focus. This helped me to realize I need a third goal which is to engage in activities that will keep me feeling grounded and healthy . Too much change can leave us feeling unraveled so you may want to consider adding this goal as well. For me self care (good nutrition, gentle exercise, yoga, massage, facials and quiet) plus fun times with family and friends should create a good balance for me.

Obstacles:
Over the next 52 weeks obstacles will come up. Sometimes you must stop to tend to these things and sometimes you must identify them as a distraction and stay focused. If you feel unsure ask people you trust for their support.

Opportunities:
Now we begin on our journey. Yen Path will lead you to amazing opportunties if you just let it. This is your path but is also mine. One I have spent a lifetime developing. I believe you will benefit from my approach; my method. Let's get started!

All the best and Live Well. Jenny

3 comments:

  1. I just spent the last 10 minutes coming up with my top three goals for the next 12 months. You are right Jenny; this isn't hard it is just a decision to accept this first challenge and spend a small amount of time writing it down, or in my case, typing it! I am so excited I wanted to share it with you and I hope that others are encouraged to take action! Thank you for doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got them down. After I did they kept coming to me in my head. As almost instantly my importance went from the background to the foreground.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just started this week. I was surprised how many goals I came up with, when I started to think of what I want for the next year.

    ReplyDelete