Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Week Three Challenge

The Challenge

This week I want you to build your network. This will help you to stay motivated over the weeks ahead. I'm going to simply give you some ideas and if you want to add additional ideas please feel free to do so.

Relationships are a very important part of our existence. It is possible you will want to create new relationships or find those people that share your passion for creating positive change. If you want to read my latest post on relationships you can go to http://gallaghersolutions.blogspot.com/2010/06/healthy-relationships.html.

Here are my ideas:
-Mentors: Mentors are people you admire that have already proven their success in your eyes. Ask them to mentor you through your process. They will probably feel honored and it doesn't take much time. Just occassional check-ins where you can ask for their opinion.

-Mastermind partners: Find one or two people that share your interest and meet weekly. This will keep you motivated and you can share ideas. They will keep you on track and will point out if you are starting to fall behind.

-Coaches: We are trained to help you get results. So if all else fails hire someone to help you get going. It may make a profound difference in your life.

-Friends and family: Use them! They will help keep you on track and will celebrate your successes. If this doesn't sound like the people you know then use the other ideas I mentioned above. :)

-Network on-line: Like with this blog. We are here to help.

Take ownership; don't blame others and most importantly have fun!

What I'm working on:

BTW - My update for last week. I already got a cold. A good sign I need to keep up on my goal #3 and stay grounded and take care of myself. But I do have a book deal in the making and the FL condo is about ready to go on the market. Lots of progress but now time for some rest.

My networks: I have a mastermind partner that I have been working with for a year and a half. Prior to that I was working with a coach. And I have great friends and family that keep my honest. They are not afraid to tell me when I am bluffing. Have you ever done that? Have you ever made a statement about yourself and made a friend or family member burst out laughing? Good reality checks are hard to come by. Brush off the sting and laugh about it. It's okay to let your ego build up but sometimes we need it brought back to reality a little bit.

Have a great week!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Staying grounded is not an easy task for me. But for now I have to think it may have something to do with listening carefully.
    Recently I read a quote from a Zen master: "we listen to insects and human voices with different ears".
    For the past 20 (or more) years I have been trying to be more earth conscious. Human relationships have been less a priority than wild animal, now I realize I cannot deny the one, if the other is to grow.
    For this week, I am willing to try to work on human relationships. Even saying this on your blog is a beginning (and a bit of honesty).
    If I'm going to stay with my year long goal of living more simply, the plan cannot exclude listening to humans with different ears than I am willing to listen to the earth.

    ReplyDelete