Sunday, December 19, 2010

Week 27 - Love

Feeling loved and accepted is extremely important so this weeks challenge will provide an opportunity for you to think about a few things.

The Challenge:
First think about your needs. Do you feel loved? If so then take a moment to be grateful for that feeling. With love it is easier to flourish and you have been given an amazing gift so use it well. If you feel like love is lacking in your life then your challenge is to think about how you can change this. You may feel like this is not in your control; that love is something to be given and you are right. So why not give it to yourself. Take time to think about ways you can show more self love. If you truly love yourself you may be able to attract love from others because when we do not love ourselves we project need and helplessness which will trigger pity at best.

Next think about the needs of others. How can you create more love in the world around you? Simply offering a kind word or smile does help. Stop trying to inflict your needs and wishes on others and think about theirs instead. In turn others will then be more thoughtful of your needs and wishes.

What I am working on:
This time of year is easy to reflect and when I do I realize how blessed I am to have a wonderful husband, family, pets, friends, community and so on. These are the best gifts of all and I am truly grateful. Therefore I have and will continue to dedicate my time to helping to improve the lives of others in both my personal and professional life.

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. I meant to wish everyone that celebrates Christmas a Merry Christmas. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And to you and Jody. Peace and Love are what I will try to stay with through this week. Thanks for the wisdom and creativity since 6/21.
    I might have wanted to read this before going to the grocery store this morning.
    The silly holiday songs that have been playing since Halloween just made me feel the opposite.
    Once outside in the cold winter air, I realized how grateful I am for my hearing, and perhaps even the silly music that merchants may think helps shoppers (and really does not)cannot possibly destroy harmony.

    ReplyDelete