Monday, January 10, 2011

Week 30 - Intention

For those of you that know me you probably know I hate the term "New Years Resolution". Instead I prefer to have people think of their intention. To me it has more of a forward focus and isn't as over-used which can then lead to different; hopefully better outcomes.

The Challenge:

Look at the what you came up with from last week and think about what added clarity you can create as you move from resolution to intention. Does it allow for any meaningful change for you? If it makes no difference then you have nothing else to do this week but don't rush way just yet. Take a few minutes to close your eyes and think about what it is you want. What determined action can you move forward with this week?

The biggest problem (I think) with New Years resolutions is that we forget about them. Don't do that! Come up with one new idea and action item this week and continue to repeat those actions that have been working for you. If it's worth while then stick with it!

What I'm working on:
For each of my goals from Week 1 I have one focus. For my health and wellness goal I have already created an exercise routine in my new town so now I will be working on some some improvements with my diet (that slacked off over the holidays). Both Health Beat Radio and Yen Path: Taking Steps Towards What You Want in Life have lots going on and will require much of my time. I am creating some amazing new opportunities here in Sarasota as a Wellness Coach. Most importantly I am looking forward to my friend Teresa's visit and then my mom and aunt will be coming down; after that Jody's Dad will be visiting and more family and friends are planning their trips. Jody and I are moving closer towards the completion of our move goal; and we enjoy quality time together when he visits every other weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Last week I resolved to "declutter" as a way to stay on track toward my goal of living more simply. I am making very small steps toward that. But, each day I go through something with one question, "when have I last used this?" Honestly, though the books are the hardest to part with. Even though I have a library very close, and there is so much information on the web, there is something about the bookcase filled with old favorites. Last week I had 6 favorites ready to take over to Buffalo and give to family members, when the snowstorm forced a trip by Amtrak instead of car, so the books are back on the bookshelf until the next trip. Now the next step, meaning today, I'm going to get a bagfull of books ready to donate. I think it's just getting started that is the hardest.

    ReplyDelete