Monday, June 6, 2011

Week 50 - Memories

First I want to apologize for the late post (technical difficulties). The good news is Yen Path: Taking Steps Towards What You Want in Life has been released so please purchase your copy online at Amazon or Barnes and Noble. And remember to get a copy for someone you care about as well. I'm in Portland Oregon spending time with my husband and promoting the book. Special thanks to Tektronix and Portland General Electric for allowing me to come share tips from the book with their employees.
Being that it was Memorial Day on Monday I wanted to have this challenge be about memories. And this works out perfectly because then the last two posts will be on the present and looking towards the future. Seems like a perfect way to wrap up.
Memorial Day is a great way to remember the men and women that have protected us so I first want to take a moment to offer my personal thank you to everyone in the armed forces and our vets.

The Challenge:

Memories are very powerful because they can actually change over time. Something that seems awful at the time may now appear to be a great blessing because it forced you to change what was not working for you. In the moment it an seem scary to change but if you reflect back you can see it from a different perspective. Perspective is reality.

This week I want you to do just this. Reflect back on something that seemed painful but brought about some positive change in your life. If you really cannot think of something then take a moment right now to believe that this challenging moment will move you somewhere that you can then reflect back on later with gratitude. Believe in your heart that you can create great memories for the future.

What I'm working on:
As I reflect back over this past year I am overwhelmed with gratitude. It has not been an easy year for me but one filled with many blessings. I had a lot of personal and professional changes that many times made me feel unsure and quite frankly disappointed. But those disappointments led me to shifts that have brought me to this day feeling pleased with the results. Feeling unsure helped me to remember that volunteering for change takes courage and I applaude each and every one of you that has done this 52 Week Challenge with me. I still have a lot to do to complete my original goals and have some new goals too, and I hope you do as well.

Here's to happy memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment