Friday, September 17, 2010

Week 14 - Planning

If you read the title and this makes you want to hide under your covers don't worry. It's not as bad as you think. You don't need to be a logical, analytical type to be a good planner. You can be a good dreamer. Here is your challenge

The Challenge:
1) Look over your vision, mission, purpose and goal then sit back and close your eyes. Now imagine a natural progression from where you are with your goal and where it is you want to be. Walk through it; day dream and imagine the wonderful possibilities.
2) Write down some important points that may have come up for you in Step #1.
3) Create action items. If you feel like you are not ready then consider requesting my strategizing worksheet. I would be more than happy to send you one or you can purchase a copy of my book Four Steps to a Better Life for $9.95 at http://www.gallaghersolutions.com/book.html. The worksheet is in the book plus other good information that will help you to complete the worksheet.

What I'm working on:
I LOVE to plan. The other day while I was at the vet with my cat the receptionist said "I bet you are so organized". I am but over planning can turn into worrying if you are not careful so keep it productive and then start thinking about something else. That's what I need to work on anyway. :)

Have a great week and Live Well

1 comment:

  1. I do spend a lot of time day dreaming, the older age thing I guess. I had a favorite tree once, I had to say good bye to her when I moved. Yesterday I imagined in a day dream, that I stood with her, my arms encircling, my favorite birds, the heron, owl, hawk, coming to rest at the top. It was comforting. As I try to plan or even think about last week's challenge about unmet needs, it often seems to unfold that the earth becomes more part of me. I remember last week standing on Jen's balcony as we said farewell to Florida's east coast and a most welcoming/healing space of 7 years, suddenly everything seemed complete and real.
    The way this blog is helping me is that I am more and more ready to be present to what comes each moment, the future will be manifested, I just have to keep listening and seeing deeply.

    ReplyDelete