Monday, October 18, 2010

Week 19 - Nutrition

This week we will focus on an important topic that can be easy to sometimes ignore. If you are the type of person to make good nutrition a regular priority in your life then congratulations (and please post to share your secrets).

Personally I wavier between a healthy diet that mainly consists of whole foods (in their most natural form) and processed foods (which I find easier when I'm too busy to cook and do dishes). Fortunately I am always drawn back to a nutritious diet because I notably feel better when I do.

The Challenge:
1) Pick a week you can really commit to this challenge so it does not need to be this week.
2) Think about your current food choices and where you can make a few changes to bring in better nutrients (e.g., for me that would be to have an apple and a few almonds with a big glass of water for an afternoon snack vs. a skim latte and protein bar).
3) Commit to the more nutritious food choice for at least one week but if you really want to create a healthy habit then do it for one month. That way you may find that you have made a lasting shift.

What I'm working on:
I will be starting my day with a drink I learned about from one of my guests which is a cup of spinach, one large peach and one slice of mango blended. Believe it or not it is VERY good and spinach has a very mild taste. I will have the apple snack (as I mentioned above) and only have one cup of coffee in the morning. Breakfast will be an egg with sprouted toast; lunch and dinner fresh veggies, salads, rice and chicken. Also on Saturday I am attending a workshop to learn more about creating a less acidic diet so I will update you on that later.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the reminders. I get off-track so easily. My goal this week is more water, gosh, that is hard to remember, but when I think about it, I realize if I'm thirsty I will grab a diet drink. Crazy, but true! This week I'll help my brain shift gears.

    ReplyDelete