Sunday, May 15, 2011

Week 48 - The Home Stretch and Call to Action

I have a lot to share before we get to the Challenge but this is important and kind of sums things up. Plus I need your help so stay with me. I've given a lot and ask very little.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Just four more postings and we will be done with our 52 week challenge. A year is a long time and a lot can happen if you want it to. If you are just starting (or restarting) then use the past postings to help you along. Just like my new book coming out on June 1, 2011 titled Yen Path: Taking Steps Towards What You Want in Life (Price World Publishing) you can do everything in order or pick and choose.

I can guarantee immediate results because the main objectives of the book are to:

-Create awareness. With awareness you have a choice; to create change or not to. Sometimes just creating awareness about something can make you remember why you are doing what you are doing and the shift (or change) will be internal. You will feel more connected, grateful, content or maybe happier.

-Allowing for a shift to positive thought will generate positive feelings. It is immediate and will change your reality. This shift will also improve your wellbeing (actually makes you healthier) and likelihood for success with your goals. Why; because many times we simply do not focus on our goals. Your goal may be to lose weight, get fit, save money, start a new relationship but if you feel fat, out of shape, broke, or lonely you will probably not succeed. The premise of "The Path" is to realize you have to move towards what you want and negative feelings move you away. The book provides opportunities to practice techniques that will help you with this. It's fun and easy!

-A complete method that you can follow step by step or just open the book and try one exercise that looks appealing. The method has 6 components: Awareness, Centering, Balance, Stregth, Stretch and Relax. Centering is more important than you may realize. Have you ever noticed when someone is preparing to do something big that they pause? It really helps. Balance is also very important and something that does not seem obvious when working towards a goal. Instead we do the opposite and push. But too much or not enough does matter. The Strength Chapter includes a lot of information about goal setting but basically it's all about practice. This is the action phase and you should not expect perfection, especially the first few times you try something. The Stretch Chapter is all about encouraging you to learn new things and I share some interesting things I have learned about what science thinks about positive thought. It's pretty amazing. The important point is though -- only repeat behaviors that get you good results. Otherwise you must try something new. Lastly Chapter 6 is all about relaxing and enjoying your success; no matter how small. Take nothing for granted! There is someone out there dreaming to be as thin, healthy, rich... as you are right now.

The Challenge:

I want this to be a grass roots effort and need your help. My mission is to foster and encourage positive thought and action which in turn will create wellbeing and success. Please help me to improve the lives of others. Together we can change the world!

1) Send this posting to everyone. There is someone you know out there feeling discouraged and the free advice from the Yen Path 52 Week Challenge may help. You never know and it is usually the most unlikely person that will benefit.

2) Purchase a copy of Yen Path: Taking Steps Towards What You Want in Life. You can go to the Amazon and Barnes and Noble websites or contact me for a signed copy. It's just $14.95 plus shipping. If you want I will send you a signed copy of both of my books (my first book is called Four Steps to a Better Life) for just $20 plus shipping.

What I'm working on:

I had 3 big goals for this year. One was to publish the book and the release date is less than 2 weeks away! Another was to move to Sarasota Fl which included 2 condo sales and the purchase of our dream home. Everything has happened except for the sale of the Portland condo but we are confident it will sell when the weather gets nice in the NW. Lastly I knew these goals would reguire a lot of energy so I set up a goal to focus on my health and wellbeing. I've enjoyed attending Pilates, Strength Training and Yoga classes here in Sarasota plus have been working with a personal trainer and holistic doctor for acupuncture and supplements.

My goal for this summer is to promote the book and am hoping it will be a big hit. In the fall I will begin my next book proposal and find a literary agent and publisher. From there I feel that my business will take a shift. I want to start to work out in the community because after 15 years of working at home I am sensing an imbalance (disatifaction) and would love to be a wellness coach or consultant (or even an employee) for a local business or in a healthcare setting.

That's it for now. Thanks for reading to the bottom and have a great week! Now remember to send this to everyone you know!

1 comment:

  1. There is so little free in this world. Oh, not counting all that this beautiful earth gives to us without asking, of course. But your commitment to being a personal coach for a whole year is pretty great.
    I see the trees outside here in the northeast, so bright green and soft looking and am grateful because it's been a long, hard winter.
    I was thinking about the way they have changed over the past year since we started this challenge. Four seasons has passed by, trees have gone from fullness of last summer, to changing fall colors and all their leaves falling, to being at sleep and rest during the winter, now awakening again and ready to repeat the cycle. It may be like what you've done with the challenge. GROW, BLOSSOM, CHANGE, REST.
    But, through it all, believe in the life cycle of balance, creativity, new ideas and possibilities.
    For myself, looking back at my goal to be more "earth conscious", to "live more simply", I can see how I have been more aware of the seasons of life and what fun it has been to explore this with you.
    Your book will be a success because it already has been. The Universe is smiling.

    ReplyDelete