Sunday, February 13, 2011

Week 35 - Retreat

How interesting that this week I planned on talking about this topic and last week I found out that the parent company of Health Beat Radio was pulling the plug. My intention was to talk about planning a retreat but this just goes to show they can come about unplanned as well.

The Challenge:
Do you feel frazzled, tired or unhappy about a certain aspect of your life? If so list the items that are causing these feelings and consider how you can create a break from them. For example; if you have children I know you love them but they can be a lot of work. Can you plan a little 'you' time? Maybe just a hot bath or an outing with some friends? Or maybe a weekend away with your partner? If works got you down or someone is demanding in your life can you think of a few ways to set some loving boundaries.

What I'm working on:
Yen Path: Taking Steps Towards What You Want In Life (Price World Publishing) will be released on 6/1/11. As I work with the publisher, editor, publicist I realize these will be the inward tasks. Soon the book will be in the pubic and so will I. This summer I will do a lot of traveling to promote the book and enjoy time with family and friends. Now I need to enjoy my retreat and prepare for summer.

I also spent time reflecting on some past events in my life and realize that my passion means sometimes people take advantage of me. I am always willing to jump in and accomplish tasks that need to be done. It can mean I take on more and more responsibilities and then people just assume I always will. This happens in many aspects of my life -- I see the trend and am ready to set loving boundaries going forward. It becomes tiresome to always have to be the one to make the phone calls, encourage family relationships, have the gatherings, write the meeting minutes, do the planning/press releases...keep the team encouraged... I know I am my own worst enemy and I created this. I want people to be happy and I want things to succeed. But I cannot do it alone...hence retreat! Some people may perceive that "something is wrong". Actually that is not true at all. I have had a new awareness I am thankful for and believe I can encourage growth for others without always doing the work myself. Hopefully my insights for the week have helped you as well. I will always be passionate (I hope) so no worries. Just retreating for a bit. :)

1 comment:

  1. Ah yes, retreat! A minute, an hour, a day or week.
    Time is unimportant, isn't it? Being conscious of the desire to rest, recover, re-create might mean just bringing a little play into the day.
    Hard for me, play used to mean "wasting time"
    Ouch! Glad I don't have to make excuses for that anymore. I had a 7 hour "Sherlock Holmes" DVD marathon over the weekend. It was awesome!
    Let's see, today maybe plan the garden.
    Mid February means even the birds are beginning to think spring, so I guess they know best.Gracias

    ReplyDelete