Sunday, April 3, 2011

Week 42 - Going Home

With only 10 weeks left of our challenge I wanted to talk about what I will call 'going home' because I feel every journey usually ends back home and so will this one. But like any journey you may go home but you are not the same person you were before you left.

The Challenge:
-First think about what 'going home' may mean to you. Do you ponder big questions like "Who am I?" or re-connect with your core values? Do you think about your actual home and how you want to present yourself in your life? Do you reflect back on your childhood and all you have seen and done?

-Consider 'triggers' that may set you back when you return home. While you are focused on a goal it can be easier than maintenance. Just like diets the hardest part is after you've hit your goal. Make a plan for your maintenance or come up with a new goal.

-Look back and congratulate yourself on your progress. Even your failures have taught you and can make you a better person.

What I am working on:
It's interesting that about the time the Yen Path 52 Week Challenge ends is when I will be promoting the book, Yen Path: Taking Steps Towards What You Want in Life. I did the blog because I want Yen Path to take many forms. After this blog and the book there will probably be more books and other products. Home in this context is Yen Path; which is simply following your yearnings and desires. Desires change as do you (and I) but the essence remains.

We are all seekers; don't be afraid to explore and know you can come home anytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment